- FINDING A FACE IN THE CROWD NOT AN EASY TASK
- THE DAKRKEST HOUR, JUST BEFORE THE DOWN, MEMENTO MORI.
- WHEN TOO MUCH TURMOIL PREVAIL OUTSIDE, LOOK FOR PEACE WITHIN, GO INTO COLD MOUNTAIN.
- A YEAR TO FORGET, AND MOVE ON, WHAT FOLLOWS? WE WILL SEE.
- LIFE IS WORTH LIVING DESPITE IT’S HARDSHIPS, AND MEMORIES FROM AN OLD THANKSGIVING MEAL.
- WHAT’S GOING ON, A LITTLE BIT ON OUR CURRENT PROBLEMS, AND THE WISDOM OF RUMI
- REFLECTIONS ON LIFE AS WE AGE, AND THE SEARCH FOR PEACE.
- FORESIGHT, AND PLANING FOR THE FUTURE, RATHER THAN WAIT AND SEE WHAT MAY HAPPEN, A TIME FOR HEART.
- VIVAMOS VIDERE, THE MORE WE LIVE, THE MORE WE ARE A WITNESS TO LIFE.
- 2020 ANNO HORRIBILIS=HORRIBLE YEAR, SO FAR.
- THE THINGS TO COME, SOONER THAN WE EXPECTED, THE FRUIT OF UNBRIDLED PLUTOCRACY, AN OUTDATED MODEL, ON A FINITE WORLD.
- THE AGE OF RESPONSIBILITY, OR PAYBACK, IT’S HERE.
Tag Archives: Middle Ages
HELOISE AND ABELARD, LOVE’S REQUITAL, FEMINISM AND RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY IN THE MIDDLE AGE, SCHOLARLY CHAUVINISM, AND CONTEMPORARY VIEWS, ON HELOISE LOVE LETTERS.
I would not want to give you cause for finding me disobedient in anything, so I have set the bridle of your injunction on the words which issue from my unbounded grief; thus in writing at least I may … Continue reading
“Dependence begets subservience, and venality suffocates the germ of Virtue, and prepare fit tools for the designs of ambition.” Thomas Jefferson It is a well known phenomenon, that as we grew old we have a tendency to turn in to cynics, … Continue reading