- Back From A Long Break Of Not Writing A Book To My Liking: Memoirs Of A Writer By Rafael Cansinos Assens
- DISCOVERING OUR NARRATIVE, A PROCESS WE CALL LIFE
- ON OUR MISTAKES, SOMETIMES WE FEEL HOPELESS, AND LONELY
- A FEW THINGS ABOUT MY DAILY ROUTINE, AND MAYBE TRAVELING SOON.
- REFLECTIONS FROM AN OLD MAN ABOUT HIS PAST
- RUMORS OF WARS AND SUFFERING
- MY LOVE OF BOOKS, AND MY READING SAGA, A STORY OF LOVE, WONDER, HEARTBREAK, AND BACK PAIN.
- ON MYSTICISM AND MEISTER ECKHART
- A BEUTIFUL DAY TRHOUGH MY WINDOW THE HOPE OF A NEW YEAR
- REFLECTIONS OF CHRISTMAS PAST, AND PRESENT.
- HISTORY OF DREAMING, AND CONNECTION WITH SPIRIT, THIRD PART
- DREAM INTERPRETATION AND IT’S PROBLEMS. SECOND PART.
Tag Archives: Epictetus
2020 ANNO HORRIBILIS=HORRIBLE YEAR, SO FAR.
To be Human is to be Frail, Transitory, and Perishable, it’s our lot, so Live the best you can, and do the most Good you are able to. That our current year 2020 has being so far, a trying year … Continue reading
Posted in A World in Crisis, Crisis, Crisis of Values, Current Affairs, Disillusion with Capitalism, Ecological Crisis, Epictetus, Human Nature, Impermanence, Justice, Malthusian Future, Pandemic, Uncategorized, Urban Decay, Violence Tagged 2020 Horrible Year, Be At Peace, Ecclesiastes, Epictetus, Hard Times, Pandemic, Quarantine 42 Comments
THE TRAP OF THE SELF, OR THE LIMITATIONS OF EXISTENCE, EPICTETUS SUBJECTIVE FREEDOM
“If life was a dream, then dying must be the moment when you woke up. It was so simple it must be true. You died, the dream was over, you woke up. That’s what people meant when they talked … Continue reading
Posted in Being, Counsciousness, Crisis of Values, Critical Thinking, Dreams, Ego, Epictetus, Freedom, Imagination, Inspiration, New Values, Ontology, Philosophy, Self, The Subjective, Uncategorized, Values, Virtue Tagged Dreaming, Epictetus, Freedom, Illusion and Reality, Personal circumstances, Philosophy, Reality, The Self, The Unexamined life 35 Comments
CRITICAL THINKING, AND FREEDOM
To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? William … Continue reading
Posted in Critical Thinking, Freedom, Philosophy, Spirituality Tagged Baqa, Bliss, Critical Thinking, E.F. Schumacher, Education, Epictetus, Fana, Freedom, Heysychasm, Jean Grenier, Knowledge, Moral Compass, Mushin No kokoro, Post-Apocalyptic, Sanata Dharma, Sat-Chit-Ananda, Sun Wu Kung, System, to think outside the box, Truth 12 Comments