- IGNORANCE, THE HUMAN CONDITION.
- ON LEARNING HOW TO LEARN, THE ART OF EMPTYING THE CUP
- THE SUBJECTIVE REALM, A KINGDOM OF THE IMAGINATION, POST-STRUCTURALISM, IBN ARABI, DANTE, AND MIND BENDING MOVIES
- HELOISE AND ABELARD, LOVE’S REQUITAL, FEMINISM AND RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY IN THE MIDDLE AGE, SCHOLARLY CHAUVINISM, AND CONTEMPORARY VIEWS, ON HELOISE LOVE LETTERS.
- ON LEARNING, AND TEACHING, THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN EASTERN WAYS, TO OUR WESTERN APPROACH.
- PROJECT UTOPIA, DAVID PEARCE, AND THE HEDONISTIC IMPERATIVE, TRANSHUMANISM.
- MASAKI KOBAYASHI, RESISTING THE SYSTEM, SEPPUKU, AND THE HUMAN CONDITION
- MANICHAEISM, AN ONTOLOGICAL , DUALISTIC VIEW ON THE NATURE OF EXISTENCE
- TIME PERCEPTION, RELATIVITY, AND THE LONGEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.
- MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH CINEMA, FROM TEN SECONDS TO HELL, HURRICANES, AND THINGS TO COME, CINEMA PARADISO, AN EDUCATION, AND DISILLUSIONMENT
- CONTEMPORARY LITERATURE INFLUENCED BY CINEMA, AND OTHER FORMS OF MEDIA.
Category Archives: Metaphysics
“God,” he [Epicurus] says, “either wants to eliminate bad things and cannot,or can but does not want to, or neither wishes to nor can, or both wants to and can. If he wants to and cannot, then he is … Continue reading →
MALEBRANCHE, SUAREZ, IBN ARABI, COUNTERENLIGHTENMENT, A RETURN TO METAPHYSICS, AND ONTOLOGY A SEARCH FOR OUR LOST SOUL
After all we do not come to a curandero just to jam together and listen his singing while we stay under influence, but we come as individuals with specific issues to solve, and we need to be treated so. … Continue reading →
The Names . . . have existed from all eternity: these Names are designated as “Lords” (Arbab), who often have all the appearance of hypostases though they cannot strictly be defined as such. We know them only by our knowledge … Continue reading →
TURNING OUR DREAM METAPHORS IN TO SPIRITUAL REALITY, AND TURNING OUR SPIRITUAL REALITY IN TO LIFE WISDOM
Imagination it’s like a musical instrument all Men posses, but few know how to play. B.A. The Language of Metaphor Metaphor is a figure Rhetoric of identifying a real term (R) with one imaginary (I) between which there is a … Continue reading →
Reductionism can mean either an approach to understanding the nature of complex things by reducing them to the interactions of their parts, or to simpler or more fundamental things or a philosophical position that a complex system is nothing … Continue reading →
DELEUZE, WESTERN PHILOSOPHY AND THE ENDLESS REVERSING OF THE SOCK, THE CONCEPT, A SISYPHEAN TASK, ONENESS OF BEING, ZEN AND THE EVER CHATTING MIND
It is too clear and so it is hard to see. A dunce once searched for a fire with a lighted lantern. Had he known what fire was, He could have cooked his rice much sooner. Joshu A SISYPHEAN TASK … Continue reading →
THE COPERNICAN REVOLUTION, WESTERN CIVILIZATION, DUALISM, AND SEPARATEDNESS, TECHNOLOGICAL DETERMINISM, E.F. SCHUMACHER AND THE GREAT CHAIN OF BEING, THE EASTERN VIEW
We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness. Thich Nhat Hanh The Copernican Revolution It is common in our Western societies too look in to the other to assign blame for whatever is wrong with the World, … Continue reading →
THE AXIS OF THE UNIVERSE, THE OMPHALOS THE CENTER OF THE WORLD, SACRED MOUNTAINS, THE SACRED TREE OF LIFE, A SACRED REALM OF BEING
And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of … Continue reading →
THE RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE, POST-POSITIVISM, MYSTICISM, CONTEMPLATION, AND KARL RAHNER’S ABSOLUTE MYSTERY
The Christian of the future will be a mystic or he will not exist at all. Karl Rahner There is a science for the subjective study of the Spiritual life, analogous to science that explains the mechanism, and laws of … Continue reading →
14 Not until halfway through the festival did Jesus go up to the temple courts and begin to teach. 15 The Jews there were amazed and asked, “How did this man get such learning without having been taught?” 16 Jesus … Continue reading →